BJ Howard President and CEO
B.J. Howard is the President, CEO, and Founder of Convergenz, LLC and is responsible for directing all of the activities of the firm, including strategic planning, operations, and all things financial. He has over 30 years of coaching, consulting, and business leadership experience with a broad cross-section of industries.
He studied Economics at Rollins College and later went on to study at the Harvard Business School where he earned his certification in Corporate Strategy as well as the program for Leadership Development through their Executive Education Program. He earned a Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership from Williamson College and is currently pursuing his Ph.D., at Columbia International University.
He is a member of the Association for Strategic Planning and a frequent guest lecturer on topics related to Strategic Planning, Entrepreneurship, Business Planning, and Financial Analysis. As the chair of the School of Business at Williamson College, he is the primary curriculum writer for the new Entrepreneurial MBA program, being offered in 2020.
In addition to his role at Convergenz, Mr. Howard currently serves on the following boards:
- Williamson College, Board of Trustees, Chairman
- Better Business Bureau, Corporate Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Better Business Bureau, Advisory Board, member
- Freedom's Promise, Advisory Board, member
- CGA, Inc. Board of Directors, member
His certifications include:
- Certified Management Consultant (ASTD),
- Certified Strategic Planning (Harvard Business School),
- Certified Leadership Development (Harvard Business School),
- Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor (New York Institute of Finance)
- Master Certified Business Consultant (MCBC) (Institute for Coaching and Consulting Excellence),
- Master Certified Coach - Business (MCCB) (Institute for Coaching and Consulting Excellence),
- Certified Everything DiSC® Trainer (Wiley),
- Certified Six-Sigma Black Belt (IASSC),
- Certified Group Facilitator (Rollins College),
- Everything DiSC®, Authorized Partner
- Channel Partner - Situational Leadership (Ken Blanchard Companies)
Throughout his career, he has worked with companies of all sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
He is married with five grown children and remains active in his church and community.